Today I want to share with you my travels to my absolutes FAVOURITE place in the whole world – Dubai. I’m thinking of doing these ‘travel with me’ posts maybe once every two months, what do you guys think? Please let me know if you like these type of posts! Also, this post may be on the long side!
Today’s post is in collaboration with the lovely @Hira008 who is lucky enough to live there! I asked her for a few facts/her favourite things about living there and this is what she came up with:
– Dubai is one of the safest cities in the world. Literally, you can go around any time of the day or night anywhere.
– As there are sooo many different nationalities, practising one’s religion is not an issue at all.
– It has the worlds tallest tower, mall, biggest aquarium, tallest hotel. They love putting it as a record.
– The traffic gets soo bad in Dubai that it can take an hour plus to reach a place that is 15 mins away.
– Dubai is one of the best places to skydive. The view of the palm is stunning. (Hi its Chloe again…My boyfriend has actually been skydiving when he went over there last year and the pictures were amazing!!)
– Nobody in the world can do better shisha than Dubai.
– There are countless restaurants in Dubai. I think buying food is cheaper than cooking food at home.
Thanks so much to Hira for helping me with this, go check her insta out!
My favourite place I’ve been in Dubai is definitely up the Burj Khalifa. It’s so amazing to be able to see above all the massive buildings which usually tower over you and to be able to see so much going on on the ground beneath you. The view is absolutely breathtaking. For those of you that don’t know, this is the tallest building in the world!
The malls are amazing to shop in, I think the Dubai Mall may be the largest mall in the world (but I could be wrong). It features so many shops, the largest aquarium I have ever seen and even a theme park! Oh and of course, a massive Sephora.
The food over there is so good, every time I’ve gone over there I’ve ate out basically every night because the food is SO NICE. My favourite places to eat are Salt which is a burger place on Kite Beach that do the best burgers ever, Buffalo Wild Wings, The Cheesecake Factory and The Smiling BKK which is a Thai restaurant, yum.
The last time I was over there we went to a place called Black Tap where they sell the biggest (and yummiest) milkshakes EVER. They were literally bigger than my head.
I was also lucky enough to go to Atlantis – The Palm for a day to go to Aquadvenure which is a MASSIVE water park! Of course I don’t really many pictures because I left my phone in the locker but enjoy the few that I do have. I had so much fun this day although it was soooo hot – 40 degrees celsius! P.s the water isn’t green, it was just the filter used.
It is quite expensive to get there but I honestly would recommend it, it is so worth the money! I have made some of the best memories in Dubai and it will always hold a special place in my heart.
Thank you so much for reading, don’t forget to tell me where your favourite holiday destination is in the comments down below!
* I own all of these pictures apart from the one on the featured image, this was from the app Canvas.